Question:
Anyone moved to NYC? Looking for advice on RELOCATION!?
A-Lo
2006-01-25 23:39:35 UTC
We are a couple from Michigans greater detroit area, looking into possibly relocating to New York, preferably NYC. Would like to hear from some people that have experienced it or been close to the experience through a family member/friend. Looking for tips on housing, as in apts, and locations, as we haven't been there for anything more than vacation. Wanting to hear any & everything you might have to add! We are from a pretty rural area, so any help would be great! Thanks so much in advance!
Two answers:
2006-03-09 16:54:24 UTC
yea i hope you have boatloads of money if you want to live in a good area of manhattan (i.e. south of 97th street).
MisterMe
2006-01-26 17:33:07 UTC
NYC is quite expensive. If you are looking to move into the city itself, pricing for real estate can vary depending on what area you are looking in and if you are looking to rent or buy. Average prices to rent a 2 bedroom apartment can range from $1800-$3500 per month. Buying a 2 bedroom can easily start at $700,000. As a city, it is fantastic, every type of person on earth lives in NY. It's a 24/7 service town.

If you'd like anymore info, feel free to email me.