Question:
Should I move to a new city?
Eddi
2016-05-22 16:15:49 UTC
I'm a 22 yr old guy that didn't finish college and works a minimum paying job. Is it a good idea for me to move to a new city like NYC or Chicago?

I have lived in this small town all my life and I want to explore more and find better opportunities. Good or bad idea?
Ten answers:
StephenWeinstein
2016-05-23 21:43:35 UTC
No. It's very expensive to live in New York City. You need to make more money before you move there.
Mr. Opportunity
2016-05-23 09:48:32 UTC
Moving to a large metropolitan city such as ours (NYC) is an experience, but (yes there is a but), finding a job is very competitive and earning a minimum wage is not going to help your existence living here. Renting or sharing an apartment, cost of transportation to and from work by bus and subway, and not to mention to have food or any utilities/necessities you have to have.

Living here requires you have a degree or skill that is in demand as well with enough savings to survive on until you find employment to suit your needs to live here.

Good luck.
conley39
2016-05-23 08:38:32 UTC
No, it's not. Bigger cities are more expensive especially New York and Chicago. Your quality of life would be significantly less there. Go back and finish school before thinking about moving.
?
2016-05-26 20:37:14 UTC
Well, I think it is a good idea to move in but NYC is really a costly city to love in. If you want to be there so you may have a good job and more money to enjoy a better life.
2016-05-22 16:17:28 UTC
Yes, but not New York or Chicago. The cost of living is too high. Go to a larger city where there are more jobs, but the cost of living is still low- the southeast and midwest, for example.
Jeannifer
2016-05-24 04:02:54 UTC
To live in New York city can be costly for you so you should not think about it till then you get a reasonable job in this city.
Kurt H
2016-05-22 16:16:46 UTC
Yes
?
2016-05-22 16:17:38 UTC
How about get back to College you idiot the move

Hours disgrace to your family
2016-05-23 11:41:34 UTC
Go for it
Mik