Question:
Transportation question??
snow_bunnie_us
2006-03-09 13:06:00 UTC
My mom and I are going to visit my aunt on sound beach long island....she hates the city and refused to take us so....how should i get from long island to the city...is there a subway, taxi,??? i have no idea...Thanks
Four answers:
houstonjln
2006-03-09 17:08:53 UTC
Fly into MacArthur Airport ISP in Long Island, a couple major airlines including the famous Southwest Airlines fly into there. That way your mom could go with you.

Otherwise there is the LIRR is a good way to get into Long Island.

There is http://www.trips123.com/ for infomation on schedules/fares for the NYC Area including getting to/from Long Island from Newark EWR , JFK Airport, and LaGuardia LGA Airport.

Have a great a day!!

Enjoy your trip!!
captlex
2006-03-09 21:20:43 UTC
Public transportation - Long Island Rail Road
railroad guy
2006-03-09 21:19:09 UTC
There is a great railroad system serving most of Long Island. Check listing thru google.
2006-03-10 00:18:37 UTC
go to mta.info then click on the long island railroad tab.